The sand casting workshop will cover the basic process for making sand molds used for metal casting and the concept of draft. The workshop will last 1 1/2–2 hours, based on the amount of people in each training session. Participants are asked to bring an item they would like to cast in metal for a discussion about draft.
You will need to:
- Wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt made of all natural fibers, no baggy clothing.
- Wear closed toed shoes, preferable leather boots
- Tie back long hair.
- Bring safety glasses! If you wear glasses, then ones that cover them.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Bring a small item no larger than 4″ in any direction that you would like to cast in metal.
Please come prepared or you will not be able to take the training.
This workshop is for students with a fine art major.
Dates and Times:
- Monday, 23rd October, 3pm
Check for more times posted on the main doors of the FASTEnER Lab or on the website Calendar. If you are interested in taking the training workshop please sign up for one sessions on a signup sheet posted outside the FASTEnER lab, room 125 in CCA II. Please contact Kevin Dartt at firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions or stop by the FASTEnER Lab.